Social Icons

Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday 4 December 2010

And They Wonder Why I Want to Write? - Burrrrr!

So here in the UK, where experience yet another really poor winter. Last year's winter was really bad with tempretures plummeting around the country for weeks on end. This year they're predicting the same. This snow is just going to keep coming.
So let me tell you a little bit more about how inconvenient this bout of snow is.

Remember how I had a cake to make and get to school for my niece and nephews? Well, I was called into work early because the buses were stopping running due to the ridiculous conditions. Traffic had come to a complete standstill and taxi services had completely stopped operating. I don't blame them. But I had to walk 2 mile in calf high snow that was only getting deeper to school carrying a cake then a further mile to work. And they closed the school on the day of the fair!

And they wonder why I'd rather be a writer, so I can work in my toasty warm home office and choose when I want to experience this weather. My God! My hair was frozen by the time I got to work it was that bloody freezing out there... Burrr!

Erin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

The Legal Bit

All characters have no existence outside the imagination of the author and have no relation to anyone baring the same name. They are not inspired by an individual known or unknown by the author and all incidents are pure invention.

The articles, excerpts, and other written work published under the pseudonym Erin Cawood are copyright protected by the author. Guest articles are published by arrangement and also copyright protected by the guest author.

Images of Erin Cawood are provided by Paul Miguel Photography.


Sample Text