Social Icons

Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday 12 August 2011

Thought for the Day : How Do You Write?

A friend of mine emailed me recently and asked me 'how do you write?'

I thought my response was quite inspired for five thirty a.m and decided it needed to be blogged...
Every writer's different some have a set schedule like a shift at work. You have to find what works for you. Once I've a plot going around in my head that's it. I hate the idea of having to focus on 'real life' LOL! I get consumed by the world I'm creating. 
Stringing a few words together to form this world isn't as easy as it sounds. If you imagine everyone involved on a movie set, script writers, makeup artists, set designers, costume designer, actors, cameraman, composer, director, as a writer you are every single one of these people and you have to put into words each frame of the movie you have in your mind, They say a picture it worth a thousand words except you need to use as few of those thousand words as you possibly can while achieving the same effect.
Then once you're done you go through it with a fine tooth comb realise most of its crap! But you've got strong characters and there's enough sparks between them. The story line's got that something to keep a reader interested. So maybe...I never worry about the first few drafts. I free write, so let the creative process have control. If you can create any scene so detailed enough that you can taste, smell, feel, hear it in your mind and then put that into words so that other people can see what you see, smell what you smell... You get my drift... You can make anything happen and that's why I love it so much.

I'd love to know what everyone else's thought are on this?

Erin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

The Legal Bit

All characters have no existence outside the imagination of the author and have no relation to anyone baring the same name. They are not inspired by an individual known or unknown by the author and all incidents are pure invention.

The articles, excerpts, and other written work published under the pseudonym Erin Cawood are copyright protected by the author. Guest articles are published by arrangement and also copyright protected by the guest author.

Images of Erin Cawood are provided by Paul Miguel Photography.


Sample Text