Social Icons

Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday 20 December 2013

This Could Have Been Our Song by Danielle-Claude Ngontang



FREE EVERYWHERE until February 2014 or longer (not a KDP free day)

Buy links
(Free but the page is not properly showing it)
(already on the UK Amazon Bestsellers Rank for Romantic Comedy)
(not sure yet)


This Could Have Been Our Song! A coulda woulda shoulda ballad…
Series –  Coulda Woulda Shoulda Song Series  - #1
Author – Danielle-Claude Ngontang Mba
Genre – Contemporary Romance
Publication Date – January 18th 2013


Book one:
Love can be such a “coulda, woulda, shoulda” song sometimes…
Lucia Mpobo-Riddell could have been a dancer like the rest of women of her family but instead she chose music. Marcus Grant could have been a doctor like the rest of his family but instead he chose music. She also could have not fallen for Marcus on her birthday but she did. And Marcus, he could have told Lucia the truth about his real reason for being in Toronto that night, but he didn’t. Now they have to deal with big reveals and consequences: Marcus almost stealing her job and being force to work on an album together. Marcus, because he couldn’t swallow his pride, leaves Toronto and goes home to London. Lucia, because she just couldn’t give up on her first amazing opportunity to produce a whole album. And to complicate the situation further, the band they’re working for is not the easiest one. Mary Gillis, Marcus’ on and off flame, still has a hold on him. Greg McMullen, Lucia’s close friend and former dance partner is back in town and has been in love with her for years. Then there’s Marcus and Lucia, in the middle of their own a professional and personal tug-of- war with each over and the rest of the world. But maybe things could still work out… All things considered, this could have been one heck of a love song! 


Excerpt
(Marcus)

“She’s adorable isn’t she?” she said. 
My look shifted toward John and Lucia, dancing and laughing. “Yes she is,” I answered, smiling to her. “And so are you.”
“I know,” she smirked back.
“Is she a professional dancer too?”
“Until the age of twenty she was the best dancer I’d ever seen,” she answered. “She moved to other passions after that.”
My gaze was always on Lucia and hers on mine. By the time they started to play “No me Ames” I went to get her back from John. 
“Missed me, Luce?” I asked her.
She brought her lips to mine for a kiss – a real, deep, long kiss. “John is a better dancer,” she answered.
“I bet. He does this for a living,” I said before kissing her again. “What’s with the Marc Anthony mar-athon here?” 
Lucia laughed, turning around and pressing her back against my chest. It felt amazing. “Noor’s doing, I’m sure.” Her hands were caressing my face and I kissed her neck. “It’s her favorite singer.” 
She turned around at the end of the song. I couldn’t speak anymore; my body was in full arousal. I kissed her with all I had and she kissed me back, matching the same passion. 
“Luce, you are so beautiful,” I hoarsely said.
“You’re not so bad yourself, Just Marcus.” Her fingers were under my shirt now; she kissed me some more then whispered “Do you want to get out of here?”
How could I say no? There was at least one good reason, but all I could think about was her lips, her smell, her touch, her smile. “Noor?” I whispered back.
“Like a cat always, she falls on her feet,” she laughed. “Andrew is waiting for her outside; we’ve all been drinking way too much.”
“Lead the way then.”  
She took my hand and led to the exit. I took my jacket after a quick, awkward farewell to John and Nella. Lucia hugged them both then we headed outside. Noor was already there kissing somebody I presumed to be her fiancé. She waved us goodbye and got into his car. Now it was just Lucia and me. I hailed a taxi and kissed her. I looked at her sweet, trusting face and felt like a real dick. She kissed my neck, giggling, and for some reason I giggled back. At that moment I was sure we would be able to talk about the whole Second Coming situation in the morning. But we never did. So now I’m going to have to confront her tomorrow.
 I really should have rung her. 

Get your free copy before Book Two release in January 18th 

This Would Have Been Our Song! Catchy tunes and dancers’ tales
Series – Coulda Woulda Shoulda Song Series - #2
Author – Danielle-Claude Ngontang Mba
Genre – Contemporary Romance
Release Date – January 18, 2014

  
Book two:
This would have been their perfect love song…
It has been two years since Lucia Mpobo-Riddell has made her choice between the two men in her life. She and her beloved would have been perfectly happy if it wasn’t for… the constant distractions from her past, her sister Noor’s complicated life, her own doubts and fears. Maybe there wasn’t such a thing as perfection and this was a lesson that Lucia was going to learn the hard way. 
Greg McMullen and Marcus Grant’s lives had been affected by Lucia’s choice that day in Glasgow two years ago. Since then one had been fighting to keep her when the other had been relentlessly trying to get her back. It soon became apparent to them that she wasn’t the Lucia they met and fell in love with anymore. Her life and priorities had completely shifted. To even consider keeping her or just getting her back, they would have to accept it or they would have to let her go. But would they ever be able to do either?


 Excerpt
(Lucia)

 Is he going for a kiss? I don’t think I can stop him because I really need to be kissed right now. He’s slowly, very lazily, moves up my chin. I almost want to jump up to get it started but I don’t.
When our lips finally touch, two things run through my mind: two years, five months and three days since our last kiss. The fact that I know that from the top of my head isn’t even scaring me. And… he’s bursting that fake life bubble! But Marcus isn’t content with messing up my life balance again. Because stupid me is responding to this…amazing, earthshattering kiss like my life depends on it.  The more he demands of me, the more I’m giving away. We moan, we whimper, we suck each other’s lips and tongues… I somehow get pulled up over Stanford’s desk and my legs somehow find themselves…where the heck are my legs? There they are, nicely cradling Marcus. One of us is going to need to come up for air soon, says the one who has her hands so tightly tangled in Marcus’ hair, I don’t think he could escape even if he wanted to. But I guess I’m a better swimmer than he is because he’s the one ending the kiss, says the girl with an engagement ring on her finger!
We are so out of breath, Marcus has to pull back and sits across the room. He looks angry, horny, sad and frustrated all at the same time and it’s a damn sexy look for Just Marcus… he gives his best cocky smile to date. “So Meme, shall we go find your daughter?”
“...” Nothing is coming out… I can’t talk. I can’t freaking speak. I slide down the desk. This is a proud moment for me. My engagement ring is burning my hand… but it could all be in my head.
“Luce are you all right?” he asks now genuinely concerned.
“...” I’m pathetic. Marcus has rendered me speechless. Glasgow looks like the place to be right about now. I can feel the tears rolling down my cheeks. Guilt…
“Love…no, please don’t cry. I should have known better than kissing you, in your state,” he says coming back to me. I’m pretty sure he’s going to kiss me again at least to stop me from crying like an idiot. But unfortunately… he sticks to my forehead. “I’m sorry.”

“…” I just rest my heard on his chest. We understand each over.


 The fabulous author...me! 

MY STALKER LINKS

U

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for having on your blog today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Online writing services frequently offer article writing products. This article looks at how such products can be used and why they are vital for any business that is trying to raise their online presence. blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try to make a rough draft of your essay before submission. You must read it aloud and look for any changes if required. If your essay is long or it is a dissertation, you must prepare small drafts of paragraphs and then try to focus on each paragraph. custom writing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of the undergraduate programs require the CBSE scores for admissions. So to ensure that students get admission to their desired colleges, universities and programs, they need to really work hard on the above mentioned points and score well. Gujarat Board STD-12 Model Paper 2021

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

The Legal Bit

All characters have no existence outside the imagination of the author and have no relation to anyone baring the same name. They are not inspired by an individual known or unknown by the author and all incidents are pure invention.

The articles, excerpts, and other written work published under the pseudonym Erin Cawood are copyright protected by the author. Guest articles are published by arrangement and also copyright protected by the guest author.

Images of Erin Cawood are provided by Paul Miguel Photography.


Sample Text